The CDCA-WREB-CITA Nitrous Oxide is not part of the ADEX exam. It is an optional examination offered to any eligible Dental Hygiene professional who wishes to take the exam as part of the certification process to monitor Nitrous Oxide administration. It is the responsibility of each candidate to check with their state dental board to determine if they meet all the qualifications for this certification process.
The Nitrous Oxide Examination for Dental Hygienists is a 50-question multiple-choice computer-based examination administered at a Testing Center. A score of 75% or better is required to pass. Disciplines and subject matter addressed in this examination include:
- Concepts and management of pain and anxiety
- Anatomy and physiology of respiration
- Pharmacology of Nitrous Oxide
- Medical assessment of the patient prior to using nitrous oxide
- Administration of nitrous oxide
- Management of complications and medical emergencies
- Postoperative care of the patient
Applicants must provide proof that they have graduated or are in their senior or final year at an accredited Dental Hygiene Program in the U.S. or Canada. Those individuals who are still in school must provide documentation from the school that they are expected to complete all academic requirements and graduate.
How do I Register for this Exam?
Please review the exam registration process on how to create a profile and register for this exam.